NEW: Improved Search Functionality
- Search results table is now configurable with an adjustable preview size
- Search by filename, username and status at the same time. Separate your search terms with a space and you can find exactly what you need e.g “Shot_1 approved Floetotto” would search for all files with status approved by user Floetotto with filename like “Shot_1”
- Select files from search and preview or immediately start a quick review
- Search across multiple projects
NEW: Upload Manager
Gain more control over your media uploads in SyncSketch with a new dialog that provides real-time insights into your uploads, such as the media name, size, upload duration, progress, and status.
- Effortless Monitoring:The Upload Manager Panel ensures you're always in the loop about the status and progress of your media.
- Total Control:Easily cancel any upload when needed.
- Mentions in Note Replies: Now, tag team members in replies, ensuring nothing important goes unnoticed. Also mentions should be more robust
- Enhanced Usage Page: The Usage Page has been improved, to give you a clearer overview of your plans’ usage and make sure you stay in control of your workspace.
- Significantly improved loading times for workspaces with lots of projects
- Fixed: .png and PDF files downloads
- Fixed: Disabled Button for Lifecycle Management
- Fixed: Presentation Mode Waiting Screen
- Fixed: Webhooks fire for Videos uploaded through the API
Explore all the features SyncSketch has to offer through new dialogs and the addition of a visual indicator (e.g. below on the "Media" tab) that showcases extended functionalities:
With just a click, get comprehensive details and uncover features you might be missing, as well as additional options:
Gain a deeper understanding of what SyncSketch can offer and don’t miss any option that could optimize your workflow.
Other Updates & Fixes
We've made various improvements, from enhanced search in the notes panel to fixing broken links, so you can better concentrate on your creative workflow confidently:
- Static watermarks are now applied to uploaded PDF files
- Search is now reliably highlighting matching words in the notes panel
- Checkboxes when selecting items in the Media Tab now show on both on hover and selection
- Enhancements to the storage methodology for media
- Newest browsers don't accidentally get classified as "unsupported”
- Various broken links have been fixed
- Various cosmetic improvements
In this update, we've introduced several enhancements to improve your user experience and bolster security across our platform. Key features include the introduction of context menus, making it easier to navigate and interact with your content. We've also prioritized security with the removal of publicly accessible projects, offering a more secure way to share individual reviews. Integration with ShotGrid has been streamlined, ensuring proper synchronization and enhancing image quality.
- Enjoy improved user experience with context menus. Now, you can simply right-click or control-click items in the Review Player's playlist to access context menus.
- Effortlessly manage your media items in the Project Overview by right-clicking or control-clicking to reveal their action menu. You can apply group actions to multiple selected items, or individual actions to unselected items, for added convenience and control.
- We've enhanced security across the platform, ensuring your data stays safe and protected.
- Publicly-accessible projects are no longer an option, providing increased security for your work. You can now share individual reviews with external users while maintaining the privacy of your projects:
- Existing public projects will have a new Publicbutton in the Project Overview warning that the project is publicly accessible.
- Clicking this button will take you to the Project Settings screen, where you can make the project private.
- Achieve seamless synchronization with ShotGrid as status changes made in the Project Overview, in addition to changes in the Review Player, now sync back to ShotGrid.
- Experience improved image quality when syncing image files from ShotGrid with "Re-encode videos" turned off. SyncSketch now retrieves the original image upload instead of ShotGrid’s transcoded version, eliminating compression artifacts.
- Managing playlists in ShotGrid is now more straightforward, with updates to playlist names in ShotGrid reflecting in SyncSketch without creating new reviews.
- Playlist name changes in ShotGrid will no longer cause SyncSketch to overwrite existing reviews with the same name.
General Updates & Fixes:
We've made various improvements, from enhanced whiteboard creation to fixing broken links and offering better responsiveness for smaller screens. Overall, this update is all about convenience, security, and a more user-friendly experience, ensuring you can focus on your creative work with peace of mind.
- Video items in the Media tab are now animated when the cursor moves over them.
- Multi-page PDFs can now be enabled for looping, for playback and stepping, and viewing the last frame is more reliable.
- Overlimit accounts now unlock automatically after adjusting plan limits.
- You can now re-subscribe to a canceled account without contacting Customer Support.
- Account owners will no longer see the "Pending invites" banner for members they invited.
- You can now invite new project members without having available seats for them. They can accept the invitations once seats are added.
- When members are waiting for seats to be added so they can join a workspace, “poking” the owner is now more reliable.
- The "Invoices" dialog now updates more immediately when paying an unpaid invoice using a "pay now" link.
- Plan adjustments that incur very small charges no longer fail.
- Payment errors are now displayed properly on the checkout page.
- Presentation guests can no longer reactivate sketches when the host has hidden them.
- Resizing the comments section of the Notes panel is more reliable.
- Set default Whiteboard settings directly from the Project Overview for added customization.
- You can once again create whiteboards on older versions of Safari (tested on Safari 15.2)
- Enjoy improved usability of the action menu in the Review Player's playlist on mobile devices.
- Tables now offer a more responsive design, making them user-friendly on smaller screen sizes.
- The Activity Log now details item Status changes.
- Notification emails about expired API keys are now more descriptive.
- Various broken links have been fixed.
- Various cosmetic improvements.
We are excited to announce
the latest update to the SyncSketch Maya plugin, which brings a range of enhancements and expanded compatibility.
- Extended Maya Version Support:SyncSketch now seamlessly supports a broader range of Maya versions, from Maya 2020 to the latest Maya 2024.
- Improved Installation Process:We've streamlined the installation process, making it quicker and easier to get started with the plugin.
Features and Benefits:
Our Maya plugin empowers you to achieve more with SyncSketch, enhancing your workflow and collaboration possibilities:
- Effortless Uploads:Easily upload videos and playblasts to SyncSketch without the need for time-consuming conversion processes.
- Bi-Directional Data Flow:Download notes and image annotations from SyncSketch back into Maya, allowing you to fine-tune parameters like frame offsets.
- Viewport Preset Management:Take control of your viewport presets for recording, ensuring a smoother and more efficient experience.
- Python 2 and 3 support
SyncSketch’s Free and Indie plans have been updated to ensure a sustainable and robust platform for everyone. Here's what's new:
- 5 Seats:Allow up to 5 team members to join your workspace and collaborate on your creative projects.
- 2 Projects:You can set up 2 projects to explore how SyncSketch could fit into different projects in different ways.
- 1 GB Storage:Enjoy 1GB of free storage capacity to securely store your creative assets, so you can start right away.
- 2 GB Upload Limit:You can now upload up to 2GB per calendar month, so you can see how SyncSketch can help with plenty of different media assets.
- 15 Seats:Collaborate with a team of up to 15 members to facilitate feedback exchanges.
- Unlimited Projects:Create unlimited projects to organize your work in the way that best suits you.
- 50 GB Storage:Enjoy 50GB of included storage capacity, so you have room for all your media.
- 100 GB Upload Limit:You can now upload up to 100GB per month (calendar month), so you can review large files.
For expanding needs, you can upgrade to the Team or Enterprise plans which offer even more powerful features like the ability to add unlimited seats, 3D model viewer, API access, and extensive content security features.
You can now save and update your favorite filter settings as
Bookmarkswithin the Media Tab! When you have filter settings the way you want them, click
Save as…and give it a name. It will appear in the new Bookmarks button menu, seen here:
The Manage Bookmarks dialog allows you to
In this example, the Manage Bookmarks dialog is used to duplicate a bookmark that shows one student’s recent work, and then to rename it to set up a corresponding bookmark for another student.
In the Save Bookmark dialog, existing bookmarks that match what you begin to type appear in a list below. Selecting from this list allows you to update that bookmark with the current settings.
In this example, the renamed duplicate is updated to display the correct student’s recent work in the Media Tab.
Note: Bookmarks are unique to each user. As before, the bookmarks can be shared by copying the URL from the browser’s location bar. The recipient can save and update their bookmarks in the same manner.
- Accounts that host their own media no longer see irrelevant storage usage statistics.
- During login, an email account that is determined to be part of a Single Sign-On enabled account will now be presented with a more prominent SSO login button. A link on the SSO login page can still allow the user to log into their email’s own workspace, if that is really their intent.
- Cosmetic enhancements to improve readability when editing text.
- When decreasing seat counts in Enterprise accounts, there is now messaging explaining that the changes will take effect at their next plan renewal.
- Gestures can now scroll the Settings pane in the 3D Viewer.
- The sunsetted Playground feature has been removed completely.
- For Free and Education accounts, sketches are no longer offset by a frame when using Download Video With Sketches
- In the Media Tab, filtering results by date now works properly.
- Documentation for minimum required ShotGrid permissions have been updated.
- 3D content now loads properly in older versions of Safari.
- Net 30 payment terms are now established more reliably in our billing.
- Fixed an Azure authentication method mismatch that could impact login.
Enterprise workspace administrators now have
the option to manage their workspace invitations to control seat usage.
By enabling the new Invite Approvals feature, SyncSketch Workspace Owners and Admins receive notifications when a new user is invited to their workspace (or project). Before the invitation is passed on to the recipient, the administrator must approve it from a simple management interface.
The option appears in the
Usagetab of the
(Note: This option is only accessible for Enterprise accounts that do not use custom billing. If this option is not available in your Enterprise workspace settings, reach out to email@example.com).
Workspace admins will be notified of pending invites via email, and in a dialog when they log in, and in the Workspace Settings > Users tab:
Each of these notifications can take workspace admins to the new dedicated Pending Invite Requests dialog. Quickly manage the pending invitation by either approving or declining requests here.
Additionally, admins can now easily follow up with workspace usage and seat count:
- We have added a visual seat-usage bar and seat limit indicators:
- A newly unified Userstable in the Workspace includes pending invites, making it easier for admins to keep track of the workspace members:
This allows SyncSketch Workspace admins to monitor and control seat counts with a streamlined, minimally-invasive approval process.
Reminder:An invited user is not counted in the workspace usage until the moment the user
acceptsthe invitation. Consequently, approving an invite will not immediately decrement the available seats. Also, this means that there can be more pending invites than available seats.
Notes panel: Mark Notes As Resolved, Design Improvements
Notes can now be marked as resolved!Clicking on the action menu gives access to a “Resolve note” action which marks the Note as Resolved, making it easier to track your progress.
In addition, you can choose whether to display resolved notes. Displaying them allows you to see who marked it as resolved; hiding them removes clutter from the Notes panel.
By default, Resolved notes remain visible in the Notes panel. You can uncheck
Show resolved notesto display only unresolved threads. When a Note is resolved, the thread is hidden in the Notes panel. Resolved notes are not deleted; setting
Show Resolved Noteswill reveal them once again.
When you choose
Download Item Notes as CSV, there is now a new “Note Status” column that indicates whether a Note is resolved.
In addition, we’ve made a variety of cosmetic and usability improvements to the Notes Panel in order to make comment/reply threads more manageable and improve use of space. And we think it looks nicer. (After all, artists shouldn’t have to use ugly tools!)
You can now clearly see which notes and replies belong together, as threads.
When a thread is not selected, the oldesst replies in the thread can be collapsed in order to reduce visual clutter in the Notes Panel:
It is also easier to switch from a General to a Frame comment and vice-versa: just check or uncheck the box on the bottom left of the commenting area:
Note Actions are now accessible from an
action menu(three dots) instead of icons along the bottom. (You can still paste from the system clipboard while editing comment text to attach images to comments and replies as well.)
- SyncSketch note attachments are now synced back to ShotGrid.When syncing notes & replies created in SyncSketch that have attached images, they will appear with the corresponding note in ShotGrid whenever you push your notes.
- You can now see when there are unsynced changes.If there are unsynced changes in the notes, sketches or attachments, there will be an indication in the SG button menu at the top of the review player that new notes should be pushed to ShotGrid.
- Replies that are completed after the timeline or camera position is moved no longer disrupt a synced review by jumping the timeline back to the note’s framing.
- The project’s Memberstab has been renamedUsersfor consistency with the new workspace Users tab.
- Quick Annotationshave been renamedQuick Reviews.
- @mentions are not working in replies, or when editing comments.
Project members can now
refine their searches in the Media Tabby using the date filter. When filtering by
Date Uploaded, the presets for time ranges like
"this month"no longer simply preset the date range on the calendar. The filter can now be stored with "relative dates." Moreover, the relative dates are part of the page's URL.
You can store these searches as bookmarks in your browser, which means you can quickly get back to that search anytime you want, and the results of your saved search will be automatically updated with any new media uploads that fit that search.
For example, if you have a weekly task to review everything uploaded that week, you can set up the filter once and save a bookmark. Every Friday, you can load that bookmark to see everything uploaded since the previous week. Each time you access a previously saved bookmark, its search results will remain current.
Please see Manage Media with the Media Tab for more information about how to manage your media.
For a deeper dive into all the changes in 2.20, see full release notes below.
- Media uploads have become supercharged! You should experience faster, more reliable uploads.
- Items can now be sorted during your upload, enabling you to organize your review even while your upload is still in progress.
- Ability to switch projects during an upload.
- Ability to fully filter your response data.When using the API, passing the "fields" parameter to the V1 Review API now fully filters the response data.
- Improvements to “User Info” watermarking.When the User Info in the watermark settings is enabled and a user is in Compare mode in the Player, both the active and the reference clip will have the user information watermark.
ShotGrid Integration Improvements:
- Your ShotGrid integration can now be configured not to re-encode videos when syncing a playlist into SyncSketch. If you disable the Re-encode videosoption in the ShotGrid integration settings, SyncSketch will import the version linked insg_uploaded_movie_mp4in ShotGrid. Read more in Managing ShotGrid Transcoding.
- Your integration can now be configured to sync from specific versions other than the default (the version linked in sg_uploaded_moviein ShotGrid). You can now force SyncSketch to sync from, for example,sg_uploaded_movie_mp4. It can even be configured to load videos linked in a custom field that you have defined in ShotGrid. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for setup assistance.
- SyncSketch comment threads can now appear as individual Notes in ShotGrid, instead of consolidated into a single Note. Edits to comments and replies now sync back to ShotGrid as well. Uncheck Consolidate Notesin your ShotGrid integration settings to begin syncing comment threads individually.
- You can now attach sketches to a special Note to enable stepping through sketches in frame order within the ShotGrid viewer.
- Improved interaction for notes fromSyncSketch to ShotGrid. Notes pushed from SyncSketch will now add the task under the Tasks field on the note instead of the Links field.
- Resolved a recent change where @mentioned users in comments were not being highlighted.
- Searching/filtering the Notes Panel now displays matching replies with their parent comment instead of hiding them entirely.
- On iOS devices, the action buttons in Comments in the Notes Panel are once again accessible.
- Resolved an issue in the Project Overview where canceled in-progress uploads could return.
- Resolved an issue where in-progress uploads could get "stuck" and prevent users from entering Reviews.
Workspace owners and billing admins can update the payment method for their paid accounts by navigating to Workspace Settings and making changes to the subscription payment info. Sometimes it is useful to store more than one payment method.
You can now add credit cards to your account and change your default payment method as needed.
As one of our many security features, SyncSketch provides visual watermarking for Enterprise and Education Plus plans, with added support for Project Level Watermark Settings for more flexibility.
There is a complete article about creating and setting your watermarks for the Workspace and Projects in our knowledgebase. Read about Visual Watermarking for more details.
For a deeper dive into all the changes in 2.19, see the full release notes below.
- We've added the ability to download the current item list of a review in playlist order as CSV. This feature will quickly provide a list of items the team will look at during a Review.
- If the browser's memory runs out while sketching (the window goes black), refreshing will recover the session with the sketches intact.
- "Download Video With Sketches" now supports Held Sketches mode, if active.
- There is no longer an effective limit to the number of sketches that can be reliably downloaded with video.
Minor user interface improvements:
- Improved responsiveness of the Review's status dropdown for smaller screens.
- If the browser window is so small that the Zoom Reset control cannot be displayed without obscuring other controls, it will be hidden. In this situation, the zoom level can still be reset with the magnifying glass tool in the lower right corner.
- In Education accounts, we've renamed a user role from "restricted_member" to "Restricted student” for consistency throughout the application.
- Removed "None" as a default display name when a user's last name is unavailable in the billing context.
- Removed a button to change subscriptions for users who do not have that option.
- Sequence Playback: Playing back sequences in the Review Player should be smoother at the transitions.
- Resolved issue where "Download video with sketches" for videos in portrait mode resulted in misaligned sketches in the download file.
- Updating Script Users that are connected to a project that has been archived or deleted will no longer fail.
- Resolved an issue with upload filenames that have more than one period. E.g., "something_v1.2.jpeg"
- Resolved issue where an extended Enterprise Trial could not be upgraded and finalized through checkout.
- Invited members who have not activated a Single Sign On login will no longer be redirected to the SSO provider after entering their login ID .
- Invited members who have a Single Sign On account will now be redirected to the SSO login even if they have not accepted an invitation to an account with limited seats.
- Users invited to locked projects are no longer prevented from accessing unlocked projects.
- Cursor now behaves more predictably when editing the P.O number for an invoice.
The Media tab allows you to manage all the uploads in a Project in one place. It features filtering, grouping, sorting, previewing, and batch operations such as copying, moving, deleting, and changing approval status.
As a new addition to this tool, we've added recent searches. The search bar will store the most recent filter settings as you apply various filters to your media search to narrow down content based on filename, date uploaded, the member who uploaded, status, and type. When filtering, click on the search bar to see those recent filters and click to apply.
In addition to the recent searches being available in the interface, we’ve implemented deep linking. When filters are applied, the URL is also updated. This makes it easy for users to share a link that will apply the same filters to other users that they are collaborating with.
We also added the ability to remove users from a synced review session. This will allow you to prepare your review for the next presentation and remove any users who forgot to disconnect their session.
For a deeper dive into all the changes in 2.18, see the full release notes below.
- Users can now simultaneously change the status of items across multiple reviews via the selection bar (previously, users could use only bulk set status within the same review)
- Added option to allow re-encoding of ShotGrid versions during playlist sync for optimized playback performance
- Media Tab now shows full ShotGrid status names rather than the shortcode (e.g., "Approved" instead of "apr"); full ShotGrid status names were already available in the Review Tab
- Added an option to the API to allow users to include archived projects optionally
- Return to playback control when entering a comment
- Ability to draw dots or stippling when sketching
- Do not send emails to users removed from a project
- 3D Viewer: Improved Ghosting for specific camera angles
- 3D Viewer: Show correct camera menu options for viewers who do not have annotation permissions
- 3D Viewer: IOS fix entering values for number fields in settings panel
- Populate the media tab without refreshing the page for newly uploaded items
- Resolve TypeError when updating approval status for ShotGrid items in the Media Tab
- When creating a password with a special character, the requirements were incorrectly flagging the password; now requirements show passing green when met (which may include special characters)
- Fix the step to convert ASCII FBX files to binary when uploading 3D models
- When prompted to adjust seat limits, take the user to the checkout view after login
- Fix redirecting users invited to a project using SSO to the SSO login when accepting the invitation