SyncSketch’s Free and Indie plans have been updated to ensure a sustainable and robust platform for everyone. Here's what's new:
- 5 Seats:Allow up to 5 team members to join your workspace and collaborate on your creative projects.
- 2 Projects:You can set up 2 projects to explore how SyncSketch could fit into different projects in different ways.
- 1 GB Storage:Enjoy 1GB of free storage capacity to securely store your creative assets, so you can start right away.
- 2 GB Upload Limit:You can now upload up to 2GB per calendar month, so you can see how SyncSketch can help with plenty of different media assets.
- 15 Seats:Collaborate with a team of up to 15 members to facilitate feedback exchanges.
- Unlimited Projects:Create unlimited projects to organize your work in the way that best suits you.
- 50 GB Storage:Enjoy 50GB of included storage capacity, so you have room for all your media.
- 100 GB Upload Limit:You can now upload up to 100GB per month (calendar month), so you can review large files.
For expanding needs, you can upgrade to the Team or Enterprise plans which offer even more powerful features like the ability to add unlimited seats, 3D model viewer, API access, and extensive content security features.
You can now save and update your favorite filter settings as
Bookmarkswithin the Media Tab! When you have filter settings the way you want them, click
Save as…and give it a name. It will appear in the new Bookmarks button menu, seen here:
The Manage Bookmarks dialog allows you to
In this example, the Manage Bookmarks dialog is used to duplicate a bookmark that shows one student’s recent work, and then to rename it to set up a corresponding bookmark for another student.
In the Save Bookmark dialog, existing bookmarks that match what you begin to type appear in a list below. Selecting from this list allows you to update that bookmark with the current settings.
In this example, the renamed duplicate is updated to display the correct student’s recent work in the Media Tab.
Note: Bookmarks are unique to each user. As before, the bookmarks can be shared by copying the URL from the browser’s location bar. The recipient can save and update their bookmarks in the same manner.
- Accounts that host their own media no longer see irrelevant storage usage statistics.
- During login, an email account that is determined to be part of a Single Sign-On enabled account will now be presented with a more prominent SSO login button. A link on the SSO login page can still allow the user to log into their email’s own workspace, if that is really their intent.
- Cosmetic enhancements to improve readability when editing text.
- When decreasing seat counts in Enterprise accounts, there is now messaging explaining that the changes will take effect at their next plan renewal.
- Gestures can now scroll the Settings pane in the 3D Viewer.
- The sunsetted Playground feature has been removed completely.
- For Free and Education accounts, sketches are no longer offset by a frame when using Download Video With Sketches
- In the Media Tab, filtering results by date now works properly.
- Documentation for minimum required ShotGrid permissions have been updated.
- 3D content now loads properly in older versions of Safari.
- Net 30 payment terms are now established more reliably in our billing.
- Fixed an Azure authentication method mismatch that could impact login.
Invite approval, Notes resolution, Notes panel design improvements, and Shotgrid improvements (v2.21)
Enterprise workspace administrators now have
the option to manage their workspace invitations to control seat usage.
By enabling the new Invite Approvals feature, SyncSketch Workspace Owners and Admins receive notifications when a new user is invited to their workspace (or project). Before the invitation is passed on to the recipient, the administrator must approve it from a simple management interface.
The option appears in the
Usagetab of the
(Note: This option is only accessible for Enterprise accounts that do not use custom billing. If this option is not available in your Enterprise workspace settings, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org).
Workspace admins will be notified of pending invites via email, and in a dialog when they log in, and in the Workspace Settings > Users tab:
Each of these notifications can take workspace admins to the new dedicated Pending Invite Requests dialog. Quickly manage the pending invitation by either approving or declining requests here.
Additionally, admins can now easily follow up with workspace usage and seat count:
- We have added a visual seat-usage bar and seat limit indicators:
- A newly unified Userstable in the Workspace includes pending invites, making it easier for admins to keep track of the workspace members:
This allows SyncSketch Workspace admins to monitor and control seat counts with a streamlined, minimally-invasive approval process.
Reminder:An invited user is not counted in the workspace usage until the moment the user
acceptsthe invitation. Consequently, approving an invite will not immediately decrement the available seats. Also, this means that there can be more pending invites than available seats.
Notes panel: Mark Notes As Resolved, Design Improvements
Notes can now be marked as resolved!Clicking on the action menu gives access to a “Resolve note” action which marks the Note as Resolved, making it easier to track your progress.
In addition, you can choose whether to display resolved notes. Displaying them allows you to see who marked it as resolved; hiding them removes clutter from the Notes panel.
By default, Resolved notes remain visible in the Notes panel. You can uncheck
Show resolved notesto display only unresolved threads. When a Note is resolved, the thread is hidden in the Notes panel. Resolved notes are not deleted; setting
Show Resolved Noteswill reveal them once again.
When you choose
Download Item Notes as CSV, there is now a new “Note Status” column that indicates whether a Note is resolved.
In addition, we’ve made a variety of cosmetic and usability improvements to the Notes Panel in order to make comment/reply threads more manageable and improve use of space. And we think it looks nicer. (After all, artists shouldn’t have to use ugly tools!)
You can now clearly see which notes and replies belong together, as threads.
When a thread is not selected, the oldesst replies in the thread can be collapsed in order to reduce visual clutter in the Notes Panel:
It is also easier to switch from a General to a Frame comment and vice-versa: just check or uncheck the box on the bottom left of the commenting area:
Note Actions are now accessible from an
action menu(three dots) instead of icons along the bottom. (You can still paste from the system clipboard while editing comment text to attach images to comments and replies as well.)
- SyncSketch note attachments are now synced back to ShotGrid.When syncing notes & replies created in SyncSketch that have attached images, they will appear with the corresponding note in ShotGrid whenever you push your notes.
- You can now see when there are unsynced changes.If there are unsynced changes in the notes, sketches or attachments, there will be an indication in the SG button menu at the top of the review player that new notes should be pushed to ShotGrid.
- Replies that are completed after the timeline or camera position is moved no longer disrupt a synced review by jumping the timeline back to the note’s framing.
- The project’s Memberstab has been renamedUsersfor consistency with the new workspace Users tab.
- Quick Annotationshave been renamedQuick Reviews.
- @mentions are not working in replies, or when editing comments.
Project members can now
refine their searches in the Media Tabby using the date filter. When filtering by
Date Uploaded, the presets for time ranges like
"this month"no longer simply preset the date range on the calendar. The filter can now be stored with "relative dates." Moreover, the relative dates are part of the page's URL.
You can store these searches as bookmarks in your browser, which means you can quickly get back to that search anytime you want, and the results of your saved search will be automatically updated with any new media uploads that fit that search.
For example, if you have a weekly task to review everything uploaded that week, you can set up the filter once and save a bookmark. Every Friday, you can load that bookmark to see everything uploaded since the previous week. Each time you access a previously saved bookmark, its search results will remain current.
Please see Manage Media with the Media Tab for more information about how to manage your media.
For a deeper dive into all the changes in 2.20, see full release notes below.
- Media uploads have become supercharged! You should experience faster, more reliable uploads.
- Items can now be sorted during your upload, enabling you to organize your review even while your upload is still in progress.
- Ability to switch projects during an upload.
- Ability to fully filter your response data.When using the API, passing the "fields" parameter to the V1 Review API now fully filters the response data.
- Improvements to “User Info” watermarking.When the User Info in the watermark settings is enabled and a user is in Compare mode in the Player, both the active and the reference clip will have the user information watermark.
ShotGrid Integration Improvements:
- Your ShotGrid integration can now be configured not to re-encode videos when syncing a playlist into SyncSketch. If you disable the Re-encode videosoption in the ShotGrid integration settings, SyncSketch will import the version linked insg_uploaded_movie_mp4in ShotGrid. Read more in Managing ShotGrid Transcoding.
- Your integration can now be configured to sync from specific versions other than the default (the version linked in sg_uploaded_moviein ShotGrid). You can now force SyncSketch to sync from, for example,sg_uploaded_movie_mp4. It can even be configured to load videos linked in a custom field that you have defined in ShotGrid. Reach out to email@example.com for setup assistance.
- SyncSketch comment threads can now appear as individual Notes in ShotGrid, instead of consolidated into a single Note. Edits to comments and replies now sync back to ShotGrid as well. Uncheck Consolidate Notesin your ShotGrid integration settings to begin syncing comment threads individually.
- You can now attach sketches to a special Note to enable stepping through sketches in frame order within the ShotGrid viewer.
- Improved interaction for notes fromSyncSketch to ShotGrid. Notes pushed from SyncSketch will now add the task under the Tasks field on the note instead of the Links field.
- Resolved a recent change where @mentioned users in comments were not being highlighted.
- Searching/filtering the Notes Panel now displays matching replies with their parent comment instead of hiding them entirely.
- On iOS devices, the action buttons in Comments in the Notes Panel are once again accessible.
- Resolved an issue in the Project Overview where canceled in-progress uploads could return.
- Resolved an issue where in-progress uploads could get "stuck" and prevent users from entering Reviews.
Workspace owners and billing admins can update the payment method for their paid accounts by navigating to Workspace Settings and making changes to the subscription payment info. Sometimes it is useful to store more than one payment method.
You can now add credit cards to your account and change your default payment method as needed.
As one of our many security features, SyncSketch provides visual watermarking for Enterprise and Education Plus plans, with added support for Project Level Watermark Settings for more flexibility.
There is a complete article about creating and setting your watermarks for the Workspace and Projects in our knowledgebase. Read about Visual Watermarking for more details.
For a deeper dive into all the changes in 2.19, see the full release notes below.
- We've added the ability to download the current item list of a review in playlist order as CSV. This feature will quickly provide a list of items the team will look at during a Review.
- If the browser's memory runs out while sketching (the window goes black), refreshing will recover the session with the sketches intact.
- "Download Video With Sketches" now supports Held Sketches mode, if active.
- There is no longer an effective limit to the number of sketches that can be reliably downloaded with video.
Minor user interface improvements:
- Improved responsiveness of the Review's status dropdown for smaller screens.
- If the browser window is so small that the Zoom Reset control cannot be displayed without obscuring other controls, it will be hidden. In this situation, the zoom level can still be reset with the magnifying glass tool in the lower right corner.
- In Education accounts, we've renamed a user role from "restricted_member" to "Restricted student” for consistency throughout the application.
- Removed "None" as a default display name when a user's last name is unavailable in the billing context.
- Removed a button to change subscriptions for users who do not have that option.
- Sequence Playback: Playing back sequences in the Review Player should be smoother at the transitions.
- Resolved issue where "Download video with sketches" for videos in portrait mode resulted in misaligned sketches in the download file.
- Updating Script Users that are connected to a project that has been archived or deleted will no longer fail.
- Resolved an issue with upload filenames that have more than one period. E.g., "something_v1.2.jpeg"
- Resolved issue where an extended Enterprise Trial could not be upgraded and finalized through checkout.
- Invited members who have not activated a Single Sign On login will no longer be redirected to the SSO provider after entering their login ID .
- Invited members who have a Single Sign On account will now be redirected to the SSO login even if they have not accepted an invitation to an account with limited seats.
- Users invited to locked projects are no longer prevented from accessing unlocked projects.
- Cursor now behaves more predictably when editing the P.O number for an invoice.
The Media tab allows you to manage all the uploads in a Project in one place. It features filtering, grouping, sorting, previewing, and batch operations such as copying, moving, deleting, and changing approval status.
As a new addition to this tool, we've added recent searches. The search bar will store the most recent filter settings as you apply various filters to your media search to narrow down content based on filename, date uploaded, the member who uploaded, status, and type. When filtering, click on the search bar to see those recent filters and click to apply.
In addition to the recent searches being available in the interface, we’ve implemented deep linking. When filters are applied, the URL is also updated. This makes it easy for users to share a link that will apply the same filters to other users that they are collaborating with.
We also added the ability to remove users from a synced review session. This will allow you to prepare your review for the next presentation and remove any users who forgot to disconnect their session.
For a deeper dive into all the changes in 2.18, see the full release notes below.
- Users can now simultaneously change the status of items across multiple reviews via the selection bar (previously, users could use only bulk set status within the same review)
- Added option to allow re-encoding of ShotGrid versions during playlist sync for optimized playback performance
- Media Tab now shows full ShotGrid status names rather than the shortcode (e.g., "Approved" instead of "apr"); full ShotGrid status names were already available in the Review Tab
- Added an option to the API to allow users to include archived projects optionally
- Return to playback control when entering a comment
- Ability to draw dots or stippling when sketching
- Do not send emails to users removed from a project
- 3D Viewer: Improved Ghosting for specific camera angles
- 3D Viewer: Show correct camera menu options for viewers who do not have annotation permissions
- 3D Viewer: IOS fix entering values for number fields in settings panel
- Populate the media tab without refreshing the page for newly uploaded items
- Resolve TypeError when updating approval status for ShotGrid items in the Media Tab
- When creating a password with a special character, the requirements were incorrectly flagging the password; now requirements show passing green when met (which may include special characters)
- Fix the step to convert ASCII FBX files to binary when uploading 3D models
- When prompted to adjust seat limits, take the user to the checkout view after login
- Fix redirecting users invited to a project using SSO to the SSO login when accepting the invitation
With the release of version 2.17, SyncSketch is bringing easier ways to control your seat usage. When inviting new users to your workspace, clear indicators of seat availability now help our self-service Enterprise account holders and admins ensure seat usage is easy to monitor and update. Helpful warning prompts indicating a limit is being reached make it easy to adjust seat limits when needed.
Note that users who have not yet accepted an invitation to join the workspace will continue to not count toward the total seats in use until they accept the invitation. Invited users, who have not yet accepted, are shown in the Usage tab of the Workspace Settings when “Show All Users” is selected, so that you can track outstanding invitations.
For a deeper dive on all the changes in 2.17, see below for the full release notes.
- Account owners and billing users may now pay unpaid invoices on the Billing Tab using the Invoices List, then choosing the "Pay Now" option
- ShotGrid integration now supports syncing nested version data into SyncSketch.
- Updated the Activity Log to include whiteboard creation and URL uploads
- Simplified iPad comment interactions: instead of two taps on the comment to update the frame and camera angle, only one tap is required
- Playback of an active range now includes the out frame
- Fixed the watermark file path on file upload/encoding when the project watermark is enabled
- Removed the "Download Original" option for media Items where the original file is unavailable
- Better error handling when resetting password for an invalid email
- Improving double-clicking behavior for editing item names in media tab
- Improved the usability of the Search Files box when the page is in a scrolled-down position
- When getting data for specific media items via the API, the original_urlproperty is no longer blank. Note that areview_idmust be passed as a query parameter
- When the payment info is updated, unpaid invoices are now automatically collected
- Fixed a problem with the Review Player timeline; now can disable looping and scrub outside of the frame range and click on frames in the timeline
- Fixed the ability to copy/cut a new sketch after pasting it to a frame with an existing sketch
- When there are too many users added to a Teams account, the owner will now be correctly warned when their Workspace is going to be locked out
- Update links for the most up-to-date knowledge-base articles
- Fixed wrapping of large item numbers in Reviews Table
- Fixed the "Jump to Review" dialog when the selected item is not in any review
- Various cosmetic improvements
iPad & iOS fixes:
- Help & Resources button no longer overlaps the Start Review button
- The last review is now accessible when there are many reviews in a project
- Clicking outside the comment input hides the overlay
- Cleaned up header in Phone Portrait mode
Customers on our Enterprise and Education Plus plans can protect their content against piracy and unsolicited distribution using visual watermarking. Previously, this feature applied to all media in the Workspace. Now, enabling watermarking at the Project level allows you to customize the Workspace setting defaults for an individual project.
An additional setting allows the Workspace administrator to ensure that media uploaded into all Projects has the same settings, overriding any Project-level customizations.
For a deeper dive into all the changes in 2.16, see the full release notes below.
- Thumbnail images will no longer be broken in integration plug-ins unless fetched after the thumbnail’s signed URL expires. This expiration duration can be set in the Workspace Settings under the Security tab.
- The "Billing Admin" role is now available for all account types, not just Enterprise accounts. (Billing admins can handle updating payment methods and other billing settings without consuming a paid seat; see Roles, Permissions & User Access Management for further details.)
- The Ballpoint Pen tool should have a smoother feel by default.
- When deleting a review or item, it is now noted in the Activity Log. From the Activity Log, a user can hover over the logged removal for the Review or Item and click on the “undelete” button to restore that Item or Review.
- You can now preview a 3D model directly from its thumbnail under the Review in the Project Overview. (Click it once and press the Space bar.)
- For Free accounts, we no longer begin uploading items that exceed account limits, and failed attempts no longer count against upload limits.
- Non-enterprise accounts can now cancel their subscriptions directly from the Billing tab of the Workspace Settings.
- When in 3D reviews, members of the type "Viewer" can now change the angle of the view.
- Changed wording from "End-to-End reference" to "PO Number" for payment info.
- Fixed bug where clips that are renamed while transitioning from Uploading to Processing would revert to the original filename.
- Project admins and other users who duplicate Projects will now automatically be members of the duplicate.
The Media tab allows you to manage all the uploads in a Project in one place. It features filtering, grouping, sorting, previewing, and batch operations such as copying, moving, deleting, and changing approval status. You can also annotate items with sketches and comments from the Media tab in a type of ad-hoc Review called a Quick Review.
It is accessible from the Project Overview page, next to the Reviews tab, which shows all the Project's reviews by default. When first opened, it offers all of the items from every Review in the Project, including archived Reviews, in Grid view:
You can switch it into a spreadsheet-like Table view in the same manner as in the Reviews tab:
Read managing media with the Media Tab for more details.
For a deeper dive into all the changes in 2.15, see the full release notes below.
- The Workspace administrator can now remove the video chat controls from all Reviews.
- Multi-Factor Authentication is now available for all account types, not just Enterprise. See Multi-Factor Authentication for how to use it.
- Improved default size for the Ballpoint Pen tool.
- We've improved error messaging for storage limits, project naming character limits, and corrupt sketches.
- The “Enable School Interface” option is now available to all customers, not just Education accounts.
- It’s now easier to see what object you clicked on for focus in the 3D Viewer while using the orthographic camera.
Several iOS Improvements:
- You can now select multiple items in Grid view in the Media Tab when starting a Quick Review.
- Action Bar icons have proper spacing when in portrait mode.
- Remove pinch/spread gestures for zooming the Review Player. These gestures caused unwanted and confusing side effects. Only a two-finger scrolling motion will zoom the player. Pinch/spread may zoom the browser viewport but not the SyncSketch Review Player.
- When switching from the grid view to the table view, the space-bar shortcut now previews the correct item.
- Fixed issue where the first frame in a review didn't always show sketches on the first frame without moving to a different frame and going back.
- Clicking the preview button in the Activity Log will now open a preview of the item, if available.
- You can no longer send invites that do not yet have an invitee.
With the release of version 2.14, SyncSketch is bringing the new Media Tab to general release for all Team and Enterprise account users.
Allowing for filtering & grouping items within a project, launching quick reviews, and seeing notes on items across multiple reviews, the Media Tab opens up new workflows for Artists, Supervisors, and Project Coordinators to facilitate rapid iterative feedback cycles.
For full documentation on the media tab, check out Manage Media with the Media Tab.
For a deeper dive on all the changes in 2.14, see below for the full release notes.
- Quick annotations allows users to now take notes against items without having to create a review first
- The All Notesdropdown at the top of the comments panel inside the player allows for users to see notes across reviews as well as sort the comments panel by either date or frame number
- When syncing ShotGrid playlists, we now leave the selection dialog open, so that users can sync multiple playlists at a time without having to reopen the dialog for each
- Updated keyboard shortcuts for PDFs and Whiteboards, allowing the left-arrow key to jump to the end of the timeline from the first frame of the timeline
- Optimized database performance by automatically pushing sketch data to disk storage after a review session ends
- Added true orthographic views to the 3D viewer
- Added orthographic camera support to the Download 3D Annotation for Mayamenu option
- Added 3D viewer camera snapping by pressing the ALT key, which allows temporarily switching between Draw and Tumble modes
- Improved the defocus behaviour for selection menus in the Advanced Filter panel, making user selection clearer and easier to navigate when moving between options in the panel
- Added comment counts to media items on the Media Tab
- Improved UI components on the Billing Tab to support self-service payment flows for Enterprise customers
- Updated to a more light-weight CSV export library
- Fixed an issue where the uploadToReviewAPI endpoint was ignoring a custom supplied name field on file uploads
- Fixed an issue where files would sometimes be sorted out of order at upload time, rather than by their alphanumeric name
- Ensure single item action menus only affect a single item, even if multiple items are selected
- Fixed an issue where new projects created via the API were not immediately visible or accessible in the web interface
- Fixed an issue where media items imported from ShotGrid, which were subsequently copied to multiple reviews, would be removed from both reviews if the ShotGrid playlist was updated to not include that item. Now, the media items will remain in place for any review that isn't directly linked to the source ShotGrid playlist